IT Project Management
Professional Technology Integration, Inc. provides customers with experienced, Project Management Professional (PMP) certified, IT project managers for leading agency IT projects. Our PM service utilizes a consistent approach for IT project management that is based upon the methods, techniques and best practices from years of experience. PTI project managers have experience in the areas of business case analysis, business process re-engineering, application development, state procurement as it relates to IT projects, and infrastructure development/deployment. The following is a sampling of the types of services and support provided:
- Professional, experienced, PMP certified project managers
- Specific business and/or technical domain expertise for agency IT projects
- Project status reporting, including various project performance metrics (technical, financial and schedule) - frequency determined by project requirements
- A Memorandum of Understanding outlining the role and responsibilities of the project manager assigned to the project
- Utilization of IT project management best-practices within a consistent, repeatable and successful project management process
- Effective utilization of resources needed to complete a project on time that meets business requirements and is within budget
Effective IT project management is very important in today's business environment when you consider the risks and potential downsides of poorly executed IT projects. Some of these risks and downsides include missed deadlines, cost overruns, poor quality IT applications that don't meet end-user expectations, conflicts among project team members, rework, unclear direction and priorities for the project, continuous changes in project scope, key tasks that are overlooked, poor team morale, duplication of effort, and many more. Effective IT project management will guide the project through a managed, controlled and visible set of activities to achieve the desired results while significantly reducing or eliminating any significant risks associated with the project.
Customers who utilize our Project Management service can expect to see the following benefits:
- Effective and result driven IT project management by skilled, disciplined leaders
- Cost avoidance for customers who do not have to maintain and provide their own in-house IT project management resources and skills for performing this type of work on a full time basis when a full-time resource is not required
- Billing rates that are competitive and/or below commercially available alternatives
- IT projects managed using methods, techniques and processes that can be launched quickly and efficiently. Disciplined practices allow IT project managers to anticipate problems or delays, deploy resources more efficiently and manage change or risks more effectively.
- Well defined project management disciplines that increase the ability to achieve the expected results by monitoring project performance on a regular basis while measuring progress in terms of technical, financial and schedule results